I’ve been in the news business for a long time, and I know that today’s headline quickly makes way for tomorrow’s scandal. Remember how much fuss was made over the royal wedding? The shuttle delay? Well, just before that, a series of tornadoes ravaged Alabama, changing not only the land but the spirit of that area forever.
I’m like many of you. I read the stories in horror, vowing to do something. But the days go by and it’s easy to forget that initial horror.
So when Callie of The Wannabe Athlete put together a Blogger Baby Shower in support of the people of Tuscaloosa, I knew I needed to jump in and also invite you, my friends, to do the same.
Callie is pregnant with her first child. She’s surrounded by people who can help provide the basics — food, clothing, toys…but she reports that the people of Alabama don’t have that kind of support. Callie’s sister works in Tuscaloosa, and while she’s OK, her work as a volunteer shows her that others aren’t. Some of the biggest needs are baby items — simple things like diapers, formula and onesies.
So Callie has organized a virtual baby shower. Here’s how to help.
- Visit the Amazon.com baby registry set up for this project (Tuscaloosa Tornado).
- Select an item, starting at $8.99, and purchase it.
- The item will be shipped directly to the church where Callie’s sister is volunteering so the people who need it most will get it.
- Sit back and relish in the fact that you have made a difference with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Automatically be entered to win a $50 HomeGoods gift certificate from The Inspired Housewife.
Please spread the word about this registry — it’s a great way to give back to people in need, support a fellow blogger AND become part of a social media for social good project.
Thank you, and happy shopping!