Blog Crushing in Baltimore

It’s the squeals in the hallway. Those are the ones that really get me.

The shrieks of delight from people who have been longtime blogging friends (or “blends”) but have never met in person and THIS.IS.THAT.DAY.

I know the feeling, because for the second year in a row, I experienced it at Fitbloggin.

DSCN0169-800x600

Thanks for the photo, Monica!

240664_10150179698092765_521657764_7076969_3588693_o

Thanks for the photo, Britt!

I am a happy, happy girl right now because not only did I accomplish all of my goals (Live #Fitblog Chat! Virtual Flash Mob! Branding Presentation!), I got to meet some of the people that make blogging fun. I’m not talking about the big names, although they were cool.

IMG_0185

I’m talking about the people who leave me comments, take part in #Fitblog, love and support me through all of my projects and proposals. The blogs are different, but the bloggers are the same — happy, enthusiastic and truly loyal.

IMG_0175

IMG_0163

I’m sure I’ll have lots of really deep posts to offer you in the coming weeks, as I share information I learned and stories of things we did. But for now, just two words.

THANK YOU.

Oh, you want one more?

THANK YOU, RONI. Because your vision has truly changed our community.

Comments

Katy – i so enjoyed your session today… it was evident that both you and jess put so much into your presentation to make sure you covered all relevant topics. the passion you both brought to the presentation was really inspiring..
    .. i walked out of your session with an insane action plan…. so from my heart to yours, thank you….

Cassie — my heart thanks your heart. The presentation was a labor of love and all I wanted was for ONE person to walk away wanting to use the tips. So thank you for that!

i have to second the above comment–THANK YOU for your session today!! It makes me want to stalk you and pick your brain for hours, but thankfully (for you) you don’t live nearby for me to do that. :)

i do still plan to lend you a child though. How does your summer look? ;)

I’m stalkable at all times thanks to the magic of the Internet.

Oooh, summer…well, I have a pool. Can this child swim? :)

A little birdie tells me that there are some very early, very informal (at this point) plans to expand Fitbloggin’ to the west coast, maybe in addition to the east coast version…

Katy-
    My girl/woman crush continues as I read your post tonight. It was SO great to meet you. I was eating lunch on Fri. and heard this voice, this commanding, in charge, knows what she’s doing voice. I saw this cute girl running around with a mic and the two did not jive for me.
    Then, I see you come over to the popchips tent where we were all lounging and tell us it was time for the flash mob. I still don’t know who this :”youngster” is….and then I get to your workshop, which, by the way I stumbled into by accident (best accident of the week)…you had me at “branding”. I’ve spent the last hour reading in Blogger about how to make a “page”. I am clueless and exhausted, but I am trying to do my “homework”.
    It was a true pleasure, I feel there will be more heard from this bright young woman in my future.

If you were trying to get me to tear up, it worked. This is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said — because it’s so detailed :) I truly love what I do, and I love being with people that are so enthusiastic.

And that commanding, in charge voice sometimes hides a little anxiety (do they like me? am I talking too much?) so thank you for easing that :)

It was so great to meet you this weekend. I HATE that I missed your session but I LOVED your #Fitblog brag session. You’re doing such WONDERFUL things in our community and it’s much appreciated.

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

It was absolutely wonderful meeting you. You are so down to earth, and you don’t care what others think. It is so inspiring. Thank you for dancing the night away with me!! If you are ever in Washington state, give me a ring. We will bring down the state!!

It was so nice to meet you this weekend – I’m working on putting your session info to good use and changing up my comments section on my blog :) Gotta start somewhere, right?

Hope you had a safe trip home. See you in #fitblog chat.

Talk about blog crushes. I’m glad you were just as awesome in person as you are on your blog and that we were able to dance the night away together last night. I would have been really sad if we hadn’t been able to hang out.

apparently Im still tired as your last sentence to roni choked me up.

LOVED THIS WEEKEND.

too too short as you and I barely got to talk.

Wow. I think this is one of my favorite recaps I’ve read. Love the photos, the sentiment, the message to Roni. Loved the weekend. And this east coaster would totally go west to get to do this twice a year.