OK, y’all…I need some help.
Life is really, really good these days. Lucas and I are awesome, I’m planning a big European vacation, my job is more fun than ever, I have lots of friends and the little bloggie thing is pretty much rocking my world.
I’m happy. I’m healthy. I’m feeling awesome.
Except that my skin seems to be rebelling.
Hover over that giant picture of my face and you’ll see that the alt tag for the photo is “My Skin Sucks.” Because it does, for the very first time in my life.
I am battling big breakouts, painful irritations and blemishes that seem to haunt me on a daily basis. I never had serious acne as a teenager, and I’m now 31 years old. WHY NOW?
A few key details, since I’m asking you to play dermatologist for me.
- I use a drugstore face wash every day (Clean and Clear) and have used the same product for years
- I use a daily moisturizer (L’Oreal) with SPF and a nightly eye cream (L’Oreal)
- I wear foundation every day (LORAC) and pretty upscale makeup (Smashbox, Too Faced)
- I drink a buttload of water
- I don’t spend a lot of time in the sun
- I’m under quite a bit of stress but no more in the last month than before
- I eat very clean (although I guess I could go even more clean)
- I’m not on any hormonal birth control — I take a daily prenatal vitamin but have for 5 years, and use the same brand as always
What do you think? If you’re out of your teenage years — have you had acne or skin problems pop up like this? Are there products I should try, or something in my routine that might be causing this?<
In addition to being super annoying (I feel like I'm a walking zit right now), it's painful. So please ... help me help me.