First of all, a big fat THANK YOU for every one that left me a comment, a Facebook message or a tweet wishing me a happy birthday. I had a wonderful weekend — my parents flew in and spoiled me rotten, my basketball team won another game and to wrap it up, my boss took the whole office out for birthday frozen yogurt on Monday!
It was a memorable 32nd, and I know it’s going to be a great year.
On to today’s topic: my favorite new tool for running giveaways…RAFFLECOPTER!
I started seeing the Rafflecopter widget pop up on blogs and Facebook pages a few months ago, and when it was time for me to run a giveaway at work, I pleaded for the chance to try it ourselves. We did, and two giveaways later, I couldn’t be more happy.
What makes Rafflecopter awesome:
- Super easy to use — you pick everything from the title of the giveaway to the options for entry, etc.
- Totally legit with Facebook’s rules because it’s a third party app.
- You can make all options mandatory — or none of them! So you can require a blog post comment for one entry, and offer additional but optional bonus entries, and they’re all included on the same widget. That means that your readers aren’t jumping through a ton of hoops — they can like, follow, etc., right from the same little box.
- You can assign various points to entries, so if you really want someone to follow you on Twitter, that entry can count for ten times as many entries as something else.
- It’s FREE.
- If you make changes to the widget after creating it — say, leaving it open for longer or adding an entry option — there’s no need to update the widget code. It’s automatic!
- Incredibly easy to drop into a Facebook tab/app.
I’m sure there are lots of questions that you have, so I’m sending you to their FAQ page.
But in the meantime, I wanted to let you try it out yourself…so, I have a giveaway! Using the widget below, choose your preferred mode of entry or entries, and I’ll pick one winner to receive a gift pack including some Aquaphor Healing Ointment and Aquaphor Lip Repair PLUS a $50 gift card! Aquaphor generously sent me a few samples, and I was very impressed. So I’m paying it forward.
*Note: thanks to some early commenters, it’s clear that you can’t comment directly through the widget…but if you leave a comment, come back to the widget and click “enter” on that entry and it will count! Thanks for the help.