Wise Words

I’m pretty busy at work these days, and when I’m not in the office, I’m enjoying the nice outdoor weather, hanging with friends (trivia nights!) or helping Lucas at his many beer events.

So, I don’t have a lot of witty or informational posts for you. I think I have a semi-permanent case of the “brain drains.”

That has not stopped me from sharing the following thoughts on Facebook, which apparently have spoken to a few people, if the “likes” are any indication. So for your enjoyment:

• I spend a lot of time every day praising the power of the “undo” button.
  • When I finish major work projects, I feel like standing up and taking a bow. Maybe adjusting my tiara or something. Just feels like hours of work should pay off in more than just a heavy sigh of relief.
  • Just spent a fabulous 5 minutes casting the second Hunger Games movie with a colleague. We’ve especially enjoyed mulling the possible Finnicks (((eyebrows raised here))).
  • HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER HAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES HUNGER GAMES Hunger. Games.
  • Today, the odds are EVER in my favor. I just feel it.
  • “It’s not about the money, money; we don’t need your money, money, money. We just wanna make the world dance…forget about the price tag.” Jessie J speaks the TRUTH.
  • 15 minutes into Downton Abbey and it already has me hooked. Lives up to the hype (and makes my Amazon Prime upgrade totes worth it).
  • If I started a petition to advocate for daytime naps for adults…would you sign it?

So, there you have it. Maybe not post-worthy on their own, but you can see what my brain does when it finds a spare 30 seconds or so to think.

Tell me one random thing that you’ve thought or shared in the last couple of weeks!

Comments

Just this morning I was thinking how sad I am to have finished the HG series and not have another one to pick up today:( I also got hooked on Downtown. Started this winter by going back to the beginning.

I’ve eased off posting and updating on FB recently but a few status updates have been stuck in my head.

Coffee maker, you have one job in the morning. ONE JOB. Brew the coffee when I tell you to brew it. I even set everything up for you. There is no excuse for the lack of coffee this morning. Fired.

Since reading and watching the Hunger Games, I secretly view coworkers as tributes and list their weaknesses and strengths in my head.

If you’re going to sell cereal, you should sell milk. Tease.

I actually love posts like this because I always have so many random thoughts that I want to share and love hearing other people’s random thoughts.

I would be all for the adult nap. Also real-life spring break would be pretty awesome too.

Similar to your lyrics from Jessie J, this line from Zac Brown Band gets me every time “there’s no dollar sign on piece of mind, this I’ve come to know.”

LOVE Downton Abbey–watched the whole first season on a recent vacation and couldn’t stop thinking about it. Have to wait a while to get the second season from Netflix though…

My random thought from this morning… While feeding the dog I’m watching: “Wow, this is so sad. She gets this dry food for breakfast and dinner. Two times a day, every day, the same dry food. No variety. I feel bad.”

Ok, so tell me what is so good about Downton Abbey? I watched about half of an episode a few months back (before I heard all of this talk of it being so good), and I didn’t even like it enough to keep watching. Maybe I need to give it a second try?

Well, it has a Mr. Darcy, so it’s a winner for me :) I am only two episodes in, so I may fall out of love. But I really did like the first episodes…I’m kind of a sucker for the accents.

Jamie H says

“When I finish major work projects, I feel like standing up and taking a bow. Maybe adjusting my tiara or something. Just feels like hours of work should pay off in more than just a heavy sigh of relief.”

Yes!! Exactly what I think.

Daytime naps too….count me in!

And thank you for your random thoughts today!

We were driving back from visiting The Boy’s (Fiance?) parents on Sunday, and we passed a field of cows. Except one of the cows was not a cow – there was a donkey in the pasture. Without thinking, I blurted out “ONE OF THOSE COWS WAS A DONKEY!!”

Um.. yeah.