I’ve referenced my Hypnobabies program before in “Getting My Hippie Dippie On” and I will be doing a full review on BugChild.com (I’m currently in the last week before maintenance…yikes!). But I keep coming back to one of the exercises because it so relates to other things in life, like work and athletic events and weight loss and relationships and more.
The exercise is part of a “Fear-Clearing Session” and the idea is that instead of trying to hide our fears and concerns, we should speak them aloud — literally! — to confront them and clear them. In pregnancy, those fears might be related to labor, to the stress of the first few weeks with a newborn, etc.
But think about the fears you have:
- I am afraid that I will never lose the weight.
- I am afraid that I will always be in this dead-end job.
- I am afraid that I will search for my true love and come up short.
You manifest what you fear — I really, really believe that. It’s the power of intention…when you give the universe a chance to reward you, it will. If you expect to fail, you will.
The program encourages you to say the fears aloud (or write them down if you’re more comfortable), followed by your intention. So you might say:
- I am afraid that I will never lose the weight but I am committed to eating well and exercising every day, taking it one day at a time.
- I am afraid that I will always be in this dead-end job but I will continue to work on my resume and attend at least one networking event each week.
- I am afraid that I will search for my true love and come up short but I love myself and have joined a new dating website so I can be exposed to new people and opportunities.
By acknowledging fears, we take away their power. Try it — say one fear out loud and I promise you, you’ll feel relieved to at least have confronted it and taken it out into the open.
Hippie dippie, I know. But it’s helped me a LOT and I hope it helps you!