The Not-So-Humble Brag Post

Have you heard of humblebrags?

It’s false humility. When you share something that is super flattering to you in an “oh, this old thing” manner.

Examples, via @humblebrag on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 2.46.30 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 2.46.22 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 2.45.37 PM

This post? There’s NO humility. Just bragging. Because I want to run around high-fiving people and jumping up and down because I am so darn excited about what awaits me in the next few months.

1) Runner’s World Half Marathon Weekend

rwhalf-logo-altra

I just added an amazing day of racing to my calendar (and to be totally transparent: Runner’s World is covering all of my travel and lodging costs as well as the race fee so I can join in the fun). I’m flying to Pennsylvania for the Half Marathon weekend, although I’m not actually doing the 13.1. I’ve signed up for what RW calls the “five and dime” — a 5K followed by a 10K. Then I’ll stay and cheer on my friends who are doing other distances.

I’m especially excited because in addition to seeing some of my favorite bloggers, I’m going to see one of my besties (a non-blogger) who is doing ALL of the races that weekend. It’s my first time leaving the baby behind, so I’m sure I’ll have some sad moments, but I can’t wait to do this destination race.

If you want to sign up, I have some discount codes for the half marathon or the hat trick:

10% off Half: kwidrickRWHalf /10% off Hat Trick: kwidrickRWHat

The signup is here: http://rw.runnersworld.com/rwhalf/.

2) Florida Blogging Conference

SpeakerBadge250

I just turned in my final slides (yay!) for a speaking gig at the Florida Blogging Conference, where I’ll be talking about building better media kits. Last year, I emceed the event and worked on the planning committee and this year, I get to present as well. I am SO excited because this is an event that a friend started from scratch three years ago…and now it sells out in the first few days of ticket sales.

The event is sold out but you can follow all of the great content coming out of it by using the hashtag #FlBlogCon13 or heading to http://www.flblogcon.com/.

3) Group Exercise Certificate

I bit the bullet…and decided to stop TALKING about chasing my fitness dreams and actually start going after them. I am now studying to get my group fitness instructor certification and if it goes well (and I like it!) I’ll seriously consider becoming a certified trainer or other health expert. It’s honestly more for fun and for my education than anything else at this point — I’d love to teach some classes but I also just want to learn more about health and wellness.

4) National TV Show

How many Olympic athletes/Ninja Warriors did YOU hang out with today?

I’ve been working with and for Growing Bolder since 2007. Next month marks six years and that’s the longest I’ve worked at any company. Crazy.

I’m the Executive Producer of our broadcast properties, and we’ve been on PBS stations and some NPR stations for three years. Now we’ve expanded and added a daily commercial version of the show. It’s exciting. It’s exhilarating. It’s exhausting.

But yeah…mostly exciting.

YOUR TURN! What are you excited to brag about? Come on…tell me what’s making your life more awesome!

Comments

So excited for you and all the great things happening! FLblogcon is on my list for next year. I had no idea what things would be like with the baby when tickers went on sale.

I don’t have a whole lot to brag about right now, but I do have a super cute baby girl and I have figured out how many things you can do one handed.

Congrats on everything. You totally deserve it.

Congrats to you for all you have accomplished! I am going to Fl Blog Con so I am excited!

My accomplishments for now are starting my blog a few months ago and then getting out of my comfort zone and going to the conference not knowing anyone and being new to blogging.

I am exited to meet new people and to learn a lot!
    Have an awesome day!
    Sandra
    The Adored Home

Sandra,

I can’t wait to meet you! Congratulations on the new blog (and if you haven’t already, you should join the Central Florida Lady Bloggers group on Facebook).

Way to go! So jealous of your setup with Runners World, the five and dime sounds like fun (I love 10ks). I’m not sure that I’ve got anything brag worthy at the moment, just trying to keep my sanity with lots of family in town lately.

I am so excited for you! I ran the Lehigh Valley full marathon in 2011, and I can tell you that area is so much fun to run in. The scenery is beautiful and Runner’s World? Well you completely deserve to be pampered and swooned.

Woo-hoo! Congrats congrats!

I’m excited to see you at the Runner’s World event — I’ll be with you on Sunday cheering all the half runners on! :)

Katy this is so exciting!

Honestly there is no shame on bragging. I believe we need to celebrate more our success and really join in the party. As opposed to spend time dwelling on the what if’s and poor me. You have worked hard to get where you are and go AHEAD and celebrate because you are inviting more things to come into your life

Love the “five and dime” idea. So fun! And congrats on all the exciting things you have planned.

I’m humbly going to brag about going full-time freelance last month. It’s been four solid weeks of go-go-go and learning, but I love it. I get to work with clients who are doing good in the world. My focus is health and fitness clients, as it aligns with my core beliefs. Not many people can say they get to do work they believe in, so I’m very thankful for that.

AND I’m launching my own website in the coming weeks to help women stay INSPIRED TO RUN. I’m very honored to be able to tell stories – as I’m a storyteller at my core – and I feel blessed each and every day.

xo!