(Scroll down for links to all OA entries)
I think one of the beautiful (sorry) things about Caitlin‘s Operation Beautiful blog and book is that it makes it easy to spread love to others, thereby rubbing off on ourselves. I am a HUGE fan of the project:
(If you’re new to the OB concept, it’s summed up best by the creator herself:)
The mission of Operation Beautiful is to post anonymous notes in public places for other women to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. You are enough… just the way you are!
But did you see that first line? It’s for “other women” — not necessarily ourselves. And I have found in recent #Fitblog chats that as a whole, we bloggers are hesitant to say too many nice things about ourselves, for fear the comments will be seen as bragging or stuck-up.
What if we took baby steps in celebrating ourselves? In celebrating what we are, what we bring to our communities, and what makes us special?
I’m starting Operation Affirmation, which is a nod to OB and I hope will be seen as a compliment, rather than competition.
af·fir·ma·tion /?æf?r?me???n/[af-er-mey-shuhn] –noun
1. the act or an instance of affirming; state of being affirmed.
2. the assertion that something exists or is true.
3. something that is affirmed; a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
4. confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
5. law. a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.
Here’s how it will work. Every day, I’ll start a post and invite people from all over the Internet to post an affirmation about themselves – whether it’s something physical, emotional, mental or else. It can be big or small; triumphant or challenging. If you’re not feeling great about yourself, think of OA as a chance to talk yourself into it. You can be anonymous (a la Post Secret) or not.
If you want to stay anonymous — I’ve set up a special email account to use when posting your links through the McLinky tool below. Use firstname.lastname@example.org instead of your personal account and nobody ever has to know what you posted! If you want to use your personal email account, be aware that it WILL NOT SHOW on the page but I will have access to it as administrator…I’m just offering this up as a truly anonymous solution.
I will count this project as a success if I’m the only one taking part — because I really believe that taking a few moments out of every day to celebrate who I am is important. But I’d love to have company along the way.
- Operation Affirmation: Day 1
- Operation Affirmation: Day 2
- Operation Affirmation: Day 3
- Operation Affirmation: Day 4
- Operation Affirmation: Day 5
- Operation Affirmation: Day 6
- Operation Affirmation: Day 7
- Operation Affirmation: Day 8
- Operation Affirmation: Day 9
- Operation Affirmation: Day 10
- Operation Affirmation: Day 11
- Operation Affirmation: Day 12
- Operation Affirmation: Day 13