You know what’s cool about social media? Posting a question on Twitter to the guru of all things Google Analytics — Mr. Avinash Kaushik of Occam’s Razor — and having him respond by DM immediately, followed by a personalized and thorough email. Avinash gave me some great tips on understanding analytics even more, especially when it comes to your questions about feed readers, keywords and different plugins (see “Analytics Part II: Who, What, When, Where“).
I’ll be posting Part III in the coming weeks, so stay tuned, and please let me know what other questions I can help answer — that’s what my “Ask Me” page is for!
Five For Friday time!
Posts You Might Have Missed
1. Do Your First Triathlon for Under $10 (my guest post! via Losing Weight in the City)
O.P.P. (Other People’s Posts)
1. Caring a Lot About What Other People Think (via Eat the Damn Cake)
2. 8 Keys to Blogging Success (via Social Media Examiner)
3. The Crowd Has Spoken. And it Likes Puppies. (via The Social Path)
4. Why You Should Never, Ever Use Two Spaces After a Period (via Slate)
5. Food Network Ratings Down (via Huffington Post)
Along with the individuals listed below, make sure you use The Big Follow at this link: http://chats.fitblogchats.com/event/20 to follow all of this week’s #Fitblog participants!
1. @JackSht the fabulous, funny blogger (and moderator of this past week’s #fitblog) who makes healthy living a little less serious and stressful
2. @amerrylife who will ROCK her very first triathlon this Sunday!
3. @fabulous_april who ran her very first mile ever this week!
4. @singingrunner23 she will smash the Iron Girl Clearwater event with me in April and is super fun to tweet with
5. @gettinfitbritt love seeing her avatar in my tweetstream 🙂
Funny Terms People Searched and Found My Blog
1. dance trance katy widrick (led to “Get Your Sexy On“)
2. gap curvy pants (led to “Size is Just a Number and I’m a Twoelve“)
3. cooking light pumpkin beer bread (led to “Vegan Bulgur Pumpkin Beer Bread“)
4. eating animals foer factory farming (led to “Eating Animals: a Book Review“)
5. i run so i can eat headband (led to “Bondi Band Giveaway“)