This is a bittersweet time of year for me. I love the holidays — the lights, the gifts, the general loving feeling people show each other.
But I’m far away from family, and that’s sad. I loved Christmas as a kid, from having a “sleepover” with my younger brother (who could sleep? we played games…) to the yearly oranges-and-nuts-filled stockings to the inevitable afternoon nap.
I’m not a kid anymore, and my grown-up celebrations are pretty sweet, too. I get to sleep in (!!!) and watch football. We always make a nice meal.
It’s just not the same, and Christmas morning always feels a little sad for me. For my mom, too, apparently.
5. Our Family Photo (from Growing Bolder TV’s blog)
2. My Five (Ocassionaly Crazy) Running With a Buddy Rules (via Healthy Tipping Point)
3. You Heart NPR? Check This Out! (via Current)
4. Owning It: Why I Talk About Race (via Rachel Wilkerson)
5. It’s OK to Indulge During the Holidays (via Ali on the Run)
Aaaannnd…that’s all you get. Apparently I was sick of taking photos after so many shoots in a row!
1. 4 hour body review
2. sweet sentimental guys
3. you never know what someone is going through so be kind
4. picture of different body weights
5. “sorry I’m not sorry you make bad choices and are fat”