Back in February, the shortest month of the year, I challenged you to make your blog better in just 28 days.
And darn if you guys didn’t impress me. From updated headers and social links to new RSS feeds and more, you made the blog world a better place.
Now it’s time to do it again with the Octoblog Challenge, kicking off on October 1! Just like last time, this is a chance to audit your own blogs/websites, social media spaces and much more.
If you took part in February — it’s time to pick up where you left off. If you are new to the Challenge, it’s a great way to clean things up and get energized as we go into the last part of 2013.
So, what are the details?
- Join in (it’s totally free!) at http://www.challengeloop.com/challenge/octoblog.
- Share all of your updates on ChallengeLoop.com and by using #octoblog on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This is not a prize Challenge, but you’ll have the reward of a more beautiful blog by November.
- Do as many updates or as few as you’d like. This is your chance to work on your blog one small (or big!) step at a time.
Here are just a few ideas (with more to come!):
- Add/update categories (BONUS: Add/update menus and navigation bars)
- Update and enhance your About page (BONUS: take new headshot and add to sidebar)
- Update and enhance your Contact page
- Add to/update your subscription options (BONUS: Add email feature)
- Add/update your email signature to include blog URL and other platform links
- Add a canned response (or more than one!) to address common questions you get
- Create/edit your Feedly/Bloglovin/reader folders for better organization
- Create/edit your media kit (BONUS: Create/edit your cover letter)
ChallengeLoop is a really great tool, and there’s even a mobile app for iPhones, so I hope you’ll join me in the #Octoblog Challenge.
Questions? Concerns? Let me know and then I’ll see you for the Challenge starting 10/1!