(BTW, this is *not* a sponsored post — remember, I disclose those — and as a reward for reading, if you get to the bottom of the post you’ll see how you can list a FREE AD on my site!)
I am in and use several ad networks both here and on my baby blog:
- Google Ads
- Affiliate networks including Amazon.com
In addition, I post several buttons on my site to disclose my affiliations (FitFluential, Clever Girls Collective, etc.).
I have tried almost all management tools and the standout is Passion Fruit Ads.
A quick primer: because of my ad network, Glam gets above-the-fold, first-call ads. Fine with me. But for the rest of the site (1000 px below the top) and for any unsold inventory, I can fill in the gaps. And because there’s quite a bit more money to be made on direct ad sales (with an accompanying demand of extra time on the seller’s part), I choose to fill some of those spots that way.
Here’s the process:
- Sign up for a Passion Fruit account
- Register your blogs/websites
- Create the public profile (new!) that potential buyers will see (mine: https://app.passionfruitads.com/sites/healthy-living-in-a-hectic-world)
- Create your ad opportunities (the most common sizes are: 300×250, 160×600, 728×90, 125×125 but you’ll want to post whatever your theme supports)
- Install the ad code
- Spread the word!
I have run several ad campaigns through Passion Fruit and am really, really impressed.
- The client/advertiser has the option to upload the ad and copy itself, which is wonderful. If they can’t or don’t want to, you can do the work (and charge more, depending on the contract you have!).
- You completely control the ad, and have to approve it before it goes live.
- Once you install the code (via text/HTML widget) it automatically updates and runs the ads.
- You can control how long the ad runs and whether it is static or rotates with other ads.
- It’s a reasonable and flat fee to run the ads.
SO — you want to try it out? I’m offering free 125×125 ads for 30 days at a time to my fellow bloggers.
To upload your graphic and URL, head to http://katywidrick.com/sponsor-opportunities/ and click on the “swap” spot. Use the promo code “swap” and you’ll get it for free. I reserve the right to reject ads for non-blog websites. These ads will rotate. If you have trouble or questions, let me know!