I’m a believer in working hard and opening up your mind to all possibilities — the combo of the two usually lands you right where you’re supposed to be, doing what you’re supposed to be doing…even if it wasn’t where you expected to be when you started!
And I was reminded of that today, when I went to the library to get some new books for the week. I dawdled through the shelves for a while, picked out some new reads, then wandered into the bookstore. And guess what I found for $1?
That book has been on my library “wish list” for weeks, and it’s never been available. Now it’s mine, all mine! Right place, right time.
A few quick updates…
What I’ve Been Eating:
- Savvy Julie’s Chai Tea Scones (changes: I added 2 scoops of protein powder and 3/4c chopped dates)
- Averie’s Almond Butter Cookies and Chocolate Cheezy Popcorn
- Emily’s Three-Grain Chewy Energy Bars
- Katie’s Coconut Fudge Babies (taste just like LaraBars!)
- Opera Girl’s Double Coconut Granola
What I’ve Been Reading:
- Skinny Bitch (Rory Freedman and Kim Barnounin)
- High Noon (Nora Roberts)
- Linchpin (Seth Godin)
- Born to Run (Christopher McDougall)
- Love the One You’re With (Emily Griffin)
What I’ve Been Doing:
- Body For Life (just finished Week 2 — recaps here)
- Cleaning (am I the only one that cleans for relaxation and stress relief?)
- NOT biting my nails!!!
- Hanging out at Redlight Redlight (ahem, pay attention to A Night With the Hops for a few reasons why!)
- Winning a makeover!!!!!!!!! (more details soon — I entered and won a makeover from a really hot local salon, which will include hair, makeup, shoes and a new outfit!)
Now it’s your turn…What positive things have happened to you because you were in the right place at the right time?