This post is sponsored by SmartyPants Vitamins.
We have a fairly crazy morning routine in this season of life. It’s full of battles, debates, bribery and no matter what I do, we end up racing the clock to get everyone out the door and to school/work on time.
Because Audrey is now in a Montessori program, where she’s encouraged to make her own choices, we try to let her complete as many of her daily tasks as possible, including:
- picking out clothes
- getting dressed
- picking her breakfast from a list of options
- eating her breakfast (without running around)
- taking her vitamins
- brushing teeth
- brushing hair (or letting me, since that’s still a struggle)
- tidying up her books and toys before leaving
- carrying her backpack to the car
Some days…most days…all of those bullets take three times as long as they should. But the vitamins? That’s easy-peasy. When we first started giving them to her, on our pediatrician’s advice, we explained to her that while it’s important to eat healthy, whole foods that make us strong and ward off illness, sometimes our bodies need a little extra boost.
Since then, she has become the vitamin police, checking in with us every morning and asking:
Did you take your vitamin today?
(If not, she has this adorable hand-on-hip glare that she gives us until we go to the pantry to get our own vitamins.)
I’m glad she holds us accountable, though. I often find that in the crazy-busy times, I forget that it’s just as important for me to take care of myself as it is to take care of my kids.
So, what makes SmartyPants Adult Probiotic Complete vitamins so special?
I tried the Blueberry flavor to find out (although the Lemon Creme intrigues me for my next bottle).
- They’re junk-free. No artificial sweeteners, flavors or preservatives. The sweeteners that are used are organic and Fair Trade.
- The probiotic itself is high-quality (7 billion CFU, or colony forming units, for every two gummies, which is seven times more than any other probiotic gummy product)
- They taste good.
- They are vegetarian and non-GMO.
- A third party lab tests each batch to make sure that what’s on the label is actually what you get, both in terms of purity and potency.
And although I know it’s not super sexy to think about stomach acid, the way SmartyPants has created this product is actually really fascinating. The multi-strain probiotics are in spore form, which means they can survive the journey through your system, and 99% of the probiotics make it all the way to the large intestine still alive.
It’s actually a prebiotic + probiotic + immunity combination, which can support digestive and immune health.*
And rounding out the good stuff is SmartyPants’ commitment to giving back. For every bottle sold, the company makes a one-for-one nutrient grant to Vitamin Angels, which provides children in need with life-changing Vitamin A supplementation for a year. (2 million kids have been helped so far and SmartyPants hopes to make 10 million grants by 2018.)
So, back to the morning routine. I’ve given up on hoping it will get easier and started to just embrace the chaos. Bless this mess, as they say in the South. These seasons are short. All we can do is our best and leave the rest.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.