On the Websites, you may purchase digital products, such as courses and ebooks (“Products”).
Refunds are not available for purchase of Products.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: The Website may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information We Collect from Others: The Website may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: The Website automatically collects certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, The Website will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. The Website may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. The Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
The Website may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website; or,
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- ConvertKit – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. ConvertKit stores your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Paypal – this service is used for payment processing on ecommerce products. At no time is your banking information passed to the Website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
- WooCommerce – the Website uses WooCommerce to host its ecommerce application. When orders are placed through WooCommerce, the Website will store information about the purchase, including your name, address, email address, IP address and location. This information is used for order fulfillment. You may automatically receive certain correspondence from us related to your order, but your purchase will not automatically add you to any marketing email lists.
- Dubsado – the Website uses Dubsado as its customer relationship management software. If you submit information through a contact form, it will be stored in Dubsado. This information is not stored on the Website.
- The Website may use other software to aid in processing and creation of contact forms, such as OptinMonster and Beaver Builder. These service providers pass information directly to the Website and nothing is stored on a third-party server as a result.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, Make Media Over will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, Make Media Over may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, Make Media Over may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Make Media Over LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, Make Media Over may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows Make Media Over to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
From time to time, the Websites may engage in affiliate marketing. This means that if you use an affiliate link to make a purchase, the Websites will receive a commission on that purchase. All efforts are made to ensure that affiliate links are disclosed in accordance with the FTC.
Make Media Over LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and link to Amazon.com.
From time to time, the Websites may post sponsored content from an advertiser. This means that an advertiser, which may be a brand, agency, or influencer network, will contract with MMO to create content featuring certain messages or product placement. Pursuant to the FTC’s requirements, all such advertisements on the Websites are clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
Even though compensation (e.g., cash, free product, or services) is received for in exchange for this sponsored content placement, MMO gives its honest opinion, findings, believes, or experiences in such content. All views expressed on the Website are those of the content creator. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
MMO has made every effort to ensure that all information on the Websites have been tested for accuracy. MMO makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Websites.
Any statements made on the Websites related to income or earnings potential, regardless of medium, are examples of what may be possible in the future. MMO makes no guarantees regarding results, present or future. MMO is not responsible for your earnings, income, sales, or any other business performance as a result of your use of the information provided on the Websites.
The information provided on the Websites is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The Websites make no representations or warranties in relation to the health and fitness topics discussed.
The Websites disclaim liability for incidental or consequential damages and assume no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of use of the information provided on the Websites. The Websites assume or undertake no liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of any information found on the Websites.
Katy Widrick is an NASM certified personal trainer, an AFAA certified group exercise instructor and certified as a certified Functional Aging Specialist through the Functional Aging Institute.
FITNESS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
The Websites may discuss topics related to health and fitness, and may include information on exercise and workouts. Everything provided on the Websites is for informational purposes only. Consult a physician or medical professional before beginning any fitness program. Any form of exercise poses inherent risk of injury and by voluntarily engaging in any exercise or workout presented on the Websites, you assume the risk of any potential injury that may result. Even if the information provided on the Websites is from a certified personal trainer, it is for informational purposes only and the personal trainer has not consulted with you on an individual basis.
MEDICAL CONTENT DISCLAIMER
The Websites may discuss topics related to health, fitness, nutrition, or medicine. This information is not advice and should not be treated as medical advice. The medical information provided on the Websites is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The Websites make no representations or warranties in relation to the medical, fitness, or nutrition information on the Websites.
You must not rely on the information on the Websites as an alternative to advice from your medical professional or healthcare provider. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of any information provided on the Website.
The Websites were developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Websites. MMO makes no representations, warranties or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. MMO assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear in the Websites.
USE OF THE WEBSITES
Unless otherwise stated, MMO owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Websites. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Websites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Websites;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Websites for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on the Websites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Websites, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Websites is included.
From time to time, the Websites will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email, or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of MMO’s intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to MMO.
You must not use the Websites in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Websites or impair the availability of access to the Websites. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Websites, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use the Websites to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting on or in relation to the Websites without MMO’s express written permission.
You must not use the Websites to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Websites for any third-party marketing without MMO’s express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content and all components of the Websites are copyrights owned by MMO or third parties and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
Make Media Over is a trademark of MMO. MMO’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not MMO’s, in any manner likely to cause confusion among consumers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits MMO or Katy Widrick.
From time to time, the Websites will legally utilize trademarks owned by third parties related to MMO’s services. These trademarks are the respective property of their owners.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
You grant MMO a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute any content you contribute to the Websites. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant MMO the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
LICENSE FOR USE OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS
All products available for sale on the Websites were developed solely for your personal use and may not be reproduced for publication or for the personal or commercial use of others without permission.
CONTENT CONTRIBUTED TO THE WEBSITES
Any content you contribute to the Websites, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third-party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or MMO or a third party.
MMO reserves the right to edit or remove: (i) any material submitted to the Websites; (ii) stored on MMO’s servers; or, (iii) hosted or published on the Websites. MMO takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
From time to time, the Websites will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Websites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org? and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.
If you send MMO an email, register to use the Websites or provide your email to MMO in any other way, you consent to receive communications from MMO electronically. You agree that all legal notices provided via electronic means from MMO satisfy any requirement for written notice.
Prior to engaging in any events or commercial transactions with any third parties discovered through or linked on the Websites, you must complete any necessary investigation or due diligence. If there is a dispute for any events or commercial transactions with a third party discovered through or linked on the Websites, you expressly hold MMO harmless from any and all liability in any dispute.
The Websites are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. MMO makes no representations or warranties in relation to the Websites or the information and materials provided therein.
MMO makes no warranty the Websites will meet your requirements; will be available uninterrupted; timely and free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Websites. MMO is not responsible to you for the loss of any content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Websites. The Websites is written in English and makes no warranty regarding translation or interpretation of content in any language.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
MMO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Policies updated: May 15, 2018