Would it have been an amazing adventure? Would it have been fun, challenging, exciting and unique? Yes to all. But it would have taken me away from a job that I really love, away from my family and would have meant dramatic shifts in my personal and professional calendars. So I’m not disappointed. In fact, I’m even more inspired to support the teams that are competing.
Want to join my team and earn points that COULD get you a free car? Head here. http://www.focusrally.com/invite/9872892643 Basically, we help the contestants win challenges and get entered into prize drawings.
And if you want to catch up on my Focus Rally journey up until now, check out:
- Rally Monkeys
- Laser Focus (Social Media in Action)
- My Social Media Mistake
- Social Media Silence? It’s a Killer
Final word? I may not be disappointed about the results but I DO still have some bitterness about the way the process was handled. My friend Justice says it MUCH better than I can (http://www.justicemitchell.com/justice-mitchell/2011/1/6/part-three-ford-focus-rally-america-the-beginning-of-the-end.html). But based on the timeline of events that we now see, it’s clear that as social media leaders, we were used to spread the word about the show even *after* we’d been ruled out as competitors. Ironically, I probably would have told everyone about it anyway, because it’s such a cutting-edge project.
Five For Friday time!
Posts You Might Have Missed
4. Twitter Tips: Lists (oldie but goody)
5. Book Report: Skinny Bitch (oldie but goody)
O.P.P. (Other People’s Posts)
1. The 3 Teams You Need to Organize and Scale Social Media (via Brass Tack Thinking)
2. The Art of Leveraging Your Blog (via Daily Blog Tips)
3. A New Chapter (via Meals and Miles)
4. Cmp.ly Aims to Make FTC Disclosures Simpler for Social Media Mediums (via She Posts)
5. Top 50 Branded Facebook Pages (via Ignite Social Media)
My partner in Fitbloggin’ crime and pretty much one of my favorite people to email with.
Funny, supportive, insightful…and a role model on Twitter.
Loves musicals. Enough said.
Running the Iron Girl 1/2 in Clearwater, just like me! Also named Katy with a “y.”
I have no idea how she fits it all in, but she works, blogs, runs and inspires.
Funny Terms People Searched and Found My Blog
1. cookies+that+make+you+sick+and+skinny (led to “Book Report: Skinny Bitch“)
2. maple bacon cake (led to “Bacon Birthday Cake“)
3. disneyworld half marathon hills (led to “WDW Half Marathon“)
4. twentyfeet.com (led to “Analytics: What the World is Saying About You“)
5. p90x+doubles+results (led to “Bring This, P90X“)