DISCLOSURE: I am participating in a sponsored campaign hosted by Emergen-C®. I received compensation for this post. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Emergen-C as a product or its effectiveness. For more on my disclosure, policy, head here.
Like all of you, my days are…busy. Good busy — a great job, fun blogs to work on, fitness classes to teach, a marriage to support and of course, the most fun and important job of all: being M-O-M.
I honestly wouldn’t trade any of it in, even on the most exhausting days. But I can’t do any of those jobs well if I’m not at my highest health and energy. So I try to do everything I can to support my immune system:
- Lots and lots of rest
- Staying active
- Hand-washing like WHOA
- Constant cleaning of germy items
And as much as possible, I use Emergen-C. I love the little packets of immune-supporting goodness, which have more Vitamin C than 10 oranges+, enhance my energy naturally, and allow me to have more healthy days*. I even use it after long runs, putting it in my water bottle as a recovery drink.
And they taste AWESOME. I like to mix my packets with just a little bit of water — 4-6 ounces — so the flavors are really strong, and while they’re pretty fizzy on their own, I really like using sparkling water to jazz it up.
Here are a few other cool things about Emergen-C:
- For every 30ct box of Emergen-C Pink® that is sold, 25 cents is donated to fund breast cancer awareness, research, and prevention efforts (up to $100,000 annually).
- For every box of Emergen-C Blue® sold, 25 cents directly supports the efforts of Surfrider Foundation®, whose goal is to provide protection to our oceans.
- Through Emergen-C Kidz, 25 cents is donated the Vitamin Angels, who provide essential nutrients to one child for one year every time a box a sold (up to $100,000 annually).
- Partnering with Operation Gratitude, Emergen-C sends packets overseas to help keep morale high and support our troops’ energy and immune systems.
Pretty great, no?
So, if you want to try Emergen-C yourself, there are a couple of ways.
2) Enter my giveaway! One person will win a special 3-month supply of Emergen-C plus a cool water bottle (you must use the widget below to enter). U.S. addresses only, please (and sorry).
+Based on using the USDA.gov nutrient database for a large, raw orange.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
BONUS NOTE: I consulted with a lactation/post-partum health expert about whether this was appropriate for me to use while breastfeeding and after discussing my individual situation, I was comfortable using this product. But as Emergen-C advises on its website, if you are pregnant/nursing, please speak with your doctor or medical team.